Interview Questions for Accounting Officers:
1. How do you plan and prioritize your workload?
Shows planning and organization skills.
2. How do you ensure compliance with tax requirements when dealing with taxes owed and tax returns?
Demonstrates knowledge of ethics and procedure.
3. Can you describe an effective method you have used to create a successful budget?
Demonstrates the ability to create effective and successful budgets.
4. Can you tell us about a time when your ethics were tested as an Accounting Officer?
Reveals the ethics of the candidate and how they deal with compromising situations.
5. Can you share an experience when you advised management on an issue which resulted in a successful outcome?
Provides insight on decision-making and advisory skills. In addition, it demonstrates knowledge of accounting best practices.