Accounts Receivable Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical accounts receivable professional to assist our accounting department as it receives, processes, and collects on goods sold or services rendered. In this role, you will be required to review account information, correct discrepancies, and ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected.
To succeed as an accounts receivable professional, you should be a skilled and thorough researcher with excellent communication and record-keeping skills. You should be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with strong math and computer skills.
Accounts Receivable Responsibilities:
- Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
- Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Processing and recording transactions.
- Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
- Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up-to-date.
- Working with the collections department to review accounts, client payments, credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms.
- Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Generating reports and statements for internal use.
- Engaging in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
Accounts Receivable Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong math, typing, and computer skills, especially with bookkeeping software.
- Excellent communication, research, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.