Interview Questions for Attorneys
1. Describe the attorney-client relationship. How do you begin building rapport?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills.
2. What was your most creative successful argument in a case? How did you come up with it?
Demonstrates research and problem-solving skills.
3. How do you explain legal options and set expectations for clients?
Shows communication skills.
4. Tell about a time when you felt blindsided in a negotiation or case. What did you respond? What did you learn?
Reveals more about a candidate’s ability to adapt and learn from mistakes.
5. How do you deal with coworkers or clients who don’t like you?
Shows ability to work under pressure.