Court Clerk Job Description:
We are searching for a professional court clerk to help maintain our offices by performing a range of administrative and clerical duties. You will manage a variety of day-to-day tasks including filing, data processing, faxing, and sorting incoming mail.
As a court clerk, you will ensure that all court processes run smoothly and effectively. The successful candidate will be skilled at multi-tasking and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Uphold all court files and records to ensure they stay up-to-date and accessible.
- Answer the phone to take messages and transfer calls to the applicable colleague.
- Record the minutes of meetings and court proceedings.
- Assist in all office management and administrative processes.
- Create calendars of cases to be called.
- Prepare and distribute court orders including probation orders, sentencing information, and court summonses.
- Collect court fines and maintain records of amounts collected.
- Ensure that all legal documents submitted adhere to the law and court procedures.
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks.
- Administer oaths and affirmations.
- High school diploma or an equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Superior organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good understanding of MS Office programs.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.