Interview Questions for Dental Hygienists
1. How do you assess a patient’s oral health? What would you recommend for certain conditions?
Tests of oral health knowledge.
2. Describe how you handle conflicts with patients, coworkers, or your supervising dentist.
Shows the ability to work with others.
3. How do you motivate uncooperative patients? How do you comfort anxious or fearful patients?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills.
4. What experience do you have running and interpreting diagnostic tests? Explain.
Tests job knowledge.
5. Beyond providing dental care, what other duties do you expect to perform?
Reveals job expectations.