Interview Questions for Department Heads:
1. What would you consider your best leadership characteristics?
Tests leadership skills and level of experience.
2. Describe a time when you had to address poor performance. How did this go?
Tests interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to remain professional.
3. Can you explain how you go about prioritizing tasks?
Test time management, planning, and logical thinking skills.
4. Describe a plan you implemented that failed. What did you learn?
Reveals level of accountability and willingness to learn from mistakes.
5. What are the most important qualities a department head should have?
Reveals in-depth knowledge of the position and overall suitability for the role.