DZ Driver Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a hard-working and experienced DZ driver to deliver goods to our customers in a timely manner. The DZ driver's responsibilities include maintaining accurate records of the mileage covered, rest periods, and deliveries completed, ensuring that the designated truck is clean and tidy at all times, and informing the supervisor of any accidents or traffic violations that involve the company truck. You should also ensure that the goods being transported do not exceed weight restrictions.
To be successful as a DZ driver, you should practice safe driving habits and adhere to road safety regulations at all times. Ultimately, an exceptional DZ driver should be able to use GPS devices and road maps as needed as well as demonstrate excellent communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
DZ Driver Responsibilities:
- Transporting goods safely to customers, following the delivery instructions provided by company dispatchers.
- Inspecting the designated truck before and after each trip to ensure that it is mechanically sound.
- Correctly securing goods for transportation to prevent damages and accidents.
- Supervising all loading and unloading procedures to prevent any cargo damage that may occur as a result of unsafe handling or negligence.
- Obtaining customers' signatures after each delivery to confirm receipt of the correct goods, in the correct quantity.
- Planning travel routes, taking into account possible road construction, traffic congestion, and difficult weather conditions, to ensure that deliveries are made on time.
- Performing maintenance work on the company truck as needed.
- Promptly notifying dispatch of any delivery issues, cargo damage, and vehicle breakdowns.
DZ Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Valid DZ driver's license.
- A clean driving record.
- Proven experience working as a DZ driver.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to drive in difficult weather conditions.
- The ability to use GPS devices and road maps.
- Strong driving skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.