Editorial Assistant Job Description Template
We have an exciting job opportunity for a motivated editorial assistant to join our talented, in-house editorial team. As an editorial assistant, you will be performing tasks such as reviewing manuscripts to identify punctuation and grammatical errors, planning and managing the monthly publication schedule, and verifying facts.
To be a successful editorial assistant, you will need to demonstrate an excellent command of the English language, with superb verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate must also have proven experience working in a publication and/or communications environment.
Editorial Assistant Responsibilities:
- Working alongside the editor to plan, implement, and manage the publication schedule.
- Meeting with writers and agents to discuss the editorial and publication process.
- Proofreading manuscripts to identify any grammatical and spelling errors.
- Researching facts and new features to maintain accuracy.
- Collaborating with various departments to ensure a smooth publication schedule.
- Performing all administrative duties, such as answering the telephone, replying to emails, and setting up meetings.
- Reviewing layouts and designs for publication covers.
Editorial Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, or a related field.
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Strong command of the English language.
- In-depth knowledge of the publication process and best practices.
- A team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.