Interview Questions for Engineering Technicians:
1. Can you explain how you might prioritize day-to-day tasks?
Demonstrates time management and organizational skills.
2. How would you go about communicating with coworkers in a noisy factory?
Tests communication and problem-solving skills, as well as creativity.
3. Can you describe a time when your attention to detail solved a problem?
Tests knowledge of engineering, as well as observational, and problem-solving skills.
4. Describe a time a coworker hurt themselves while on duty. What did you do?
Reveals knowledge of health and safety protocols, communication skills, as well as the ability to stay focused under pressure.
5. As an engineering technician, what new skills have you recently learned?
Tests level of skill, and commitment to growth and lifelong learning.