Executive Pastor Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, exemplary executive pastor to oversee our church’s operations and to lead and direct our staff. The executive pastor will set goals for staff to accomplish the church's mission and vision. You will support, coach, and assess staff, implement processes to optimize operational capabilities, strive to expand and unify the church, and manage resources effectively. You will ensure members of different ages and from diverse backgrounds are served effectively, and oversee church services.
To ensure success in this role you need to perform a wide range of duties in a manner that reflects your spiritual condition and beliefs. Ideal applicants are capable leaders, spiritually mature, and organized.
Executive Pastor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing church operations.
- Leading, overseeing, and having regular meetings with staff.
- Guiding and improving interactions between the senior pastor, elders, deacons, pastors, and other staff members.
- Collaborating with senior pastor and elders regarding ministry administration and implementation of mission and vision of the church.
- Overseeing human resources operations, and collaborating with the senior pastor to hire, reposition, transition, and dismiss staff.
- Creating an annual budget.
- Overseeing financial, budget, and fundraising operations.
- Assisting staff to manage ministry budgets.
- Managing social media accounts and other communications.
- Reviewing, creating, and implementing policies and procedures to ensure the effective operation of the church.
Executive Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Masters of Divinity degree.
- 5+ years of relevant ministry experience.
- Proficient with FellowshipOne, QuickBooks, MS Office Suites, and social media.
- Spiritually mature.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as outlined in the Bible.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Team player.
- Proficient multi-tasking skills.