Forensic Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a forensic analyst to be responsible for examining evidence to identify suspects. The responsibilities of a Forensic Analyst include examining and analyzing crime scene evidence, visiting crime scenes, and testifying during trials and court cases.
To be successful as a forensic analyst, you should demonstrate a solid knowledge of laboratory procedures, strong verbal and written communication skills, and superior analytical skills. Ultimately, a top-notch forensic analyst should be able to maintain confidentiality, have good research skills, and possess tact and carefulness.
Forensic Analyst Responsibilities:
- Assisting crime scene Investigators in examining and analyzing evidence such as blood, hairs, fingerprints, and firearms.
- Collecting evidence or conducting field tests at crime scenes.
- Recording and documenting findings from tests.
- Preparing reports on findings.
- Advising law enforcement and judges based on findings.
- Ensuring that laboratory tools are cleaned and maintained.
- Appearing as a witness in court.
Forensic Analyst Requirements:
- Degree in genetics, forensic sciences, or related field.
- Previous experience as a forensic analyst.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Impartial and confidential.
- Strong research skills.