Interview Questions for Illustrators:
1. What is your favorite drawing or painting in your portfolio and why?
Demonstrates the skill, style, and values of the artist.
2. What techniques and resources did you use to design your last few pieces?
Demonstrates the candidate’s ability to work on different media and digital technology.
3. How do you get inspired to produce a piece of artwork?
Demonstrates the creative thinking and conceptual abilities of the candidate.
4. What do you do to overcome a creative block?
Demonstrates how a candidate can move through the different stages of the creative process.
5. What would you do if a client continually rejected all your presented drafts?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with stress, rejection and the ability to work around a problem.