Loans Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable loans consultant to assist us with the processing of loan applications. In this role, your duties will include informing clients of different types of loan options, reviewing financial information, and approving loans within specified limits.
To ensure success as a loans consultant, you should possess sound knowledge of lending procedures and experience in a similar role. An outstanding loans consultant will be someone who can balance the bests interests of their employer as a lender, with the needs of the potential borrower.
Loans Consultant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with senior managers to set credit policies, credit lines, procedures, and standards.
- Interviewing loan applicants to provide and obtain information.
- Informing clients of available loans and credit options, as well as the terms of service.
- Obtaining and reviewing financial information, including credit histories and financial statements.
- Approving or rejecting loan applications, or submitting applications to credit analysts for verification, when required.
- Negotiating payment arrangements with delinquent loan clients.
- Preparing delinquent loan reports and forwarding irreconcilable accounts for action.
- Hiring, training, and supervising loan department personnel.
- Maintaining hardcopy and electronic records of all loan documents, agreements, and correspondence.
- Keeping up to date with relevant financial regulations, such as lender requirements.
Loans Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or in a relevant field.
- A minimum of two years' experience in loan consultancy, sales, client service, or banking.
- Proficiency in loan servicing software, such as The Loan Office and LoanPro.
- Advanced knowledge of financial regulations and lender requirements.
- Experience in interviewing and advising loan applicants.
- Extensive experience in assessing loan applications and reviewing financial information.
- Ability to collaborate with senior managers and supervise loan department staff.
- Advanced ability to initiate interventions for delinquent loans and irreconcilable accounts.
- Excellent recordkeeping and communication skills.