Interview Questions for Maintenance Engineers:
1. What methods would you use to diagnose a major equipment malfunction?
Reveals the candidate’s troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
2. How would you ensure that all safety procedures are followed on a job site?
Indicates knowledge of safety and engineering best practices.
3. What skills do you think are the most important for a maintenance engineer?
Highlights areas of expertise and reveals the innate skills of the candidate.
4. What would you do if you could not find the cause of the equipment malfunction?
Reveals how the candidate deals with stressful situations.
5. What was the most complex equipment repair job you completed in the past?
Highlights the skills and knowledge of the candidate while revealing previous work experience.