Marketing Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking to hire a marketing assistant who will be working closely with our marketing team to develop and implement marketing plans and strategies for our brands. As a successful hire, you will be tasked with helping identify marketing trends and opportunities for growth, as well as creating marketing materials such as white papers and case studies. You will be giving presentations about our ongoing campaigns and provide administrative support to our marketing and sales teams.
To be chosen for this role, you must have a bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field. Prior work experience in administration, sales, or marketing is a plus. Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role.
Marketing Assistant Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the marketing manager, internal teams, clients and partners on marketing strategy.
- Helping identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Learning and working with various types of software for digital marketing.
- Working closely with sales and marketing department.
- Creating marketing materials such as white papers, case studies, and presentations.
- Giving presentations.
- Maintaining a marketing database.
- Providing administrative support to the marketing and sales team.
- Preparing, formatting and editing a range of documents.
- Understanding company product and brand.
- General office duties.
- Creating and interpreting a variety of reports.
- Organizing market research.
- Analyzing questionnaires and other forms of feedback.
- Updating social media accounts.
Marketing Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field.
- Administration or sales and marketing assistant experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good organization skills.
- Related job and internship experience.
- Digital marketing experience.
## Marketing Assistant FAQ:
What does a marketing assistant do?
Marketing assistants support the leadership team in the marketing department by developing strategies, coordinating project activities, and participating in research efforts. If you would like to include your specific marketing assistant tasks and qualifications, simply add them to our full marketing assistant job description sample to create a unique and informative job listing for your business.
Can I change your marketing assistant qualifications?
When you post a marketing assistant job, you should tell applicants about the marketing assistant duties they will perform and the qualifications your company requires. Feel free to customize any section of our marketing assistant job description template to get the job listing you want.
What should I include in my marketing assistant job spec?
When you advertise a marketing assistant job, you should let candidates know more about the marketing assistant job requirements and duties at your organization. Explain what the marketing assistant role entails and highlight the skills and qualities applicants will need to be successful. Use or add to our marketing assistant description to begin the search for your next marketing assistant!
Do you have interview questions for marketing assistants?
We have interview questions to go with all of our job descriptions.