Medical Coder Interview Questions
1. Can you perform to a high level of accuracy, and why would you say so?
It is essential for a medical coder to perform accurately. Listen for the applicant to display this ability.
2. Could you give me examples from past experience where you maintained the confidentiality of sensitive information?
Medical Coders work with confidential information, therefore the potential hire needs to convince you of their ability to employ prudence regarding this.
3. Could you give me a detailed explanation of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM and ASA codes respectively?
The candidate’s answer will display their knowledge as a Medical Coder.
4. Would you say you are a people person, and why?
Medical Coders need to liaise with various parties to gather and establish the accuracy of information. The applicant will assure you of their people skills in this answer.
5. How would you train physicians and other staff on medical coding?
The prospective hire's answer should give you confidence in their ability to train others.