Medical Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated medical director to ensure the efficient operation of our healthcare facility. The medical director's responsibilities include coordinating medical teams, achieving the facility's mission goals, and executing the facility's policies, systems, and agendas. The medical director will work to improve the overall care quality of our facility and work to enhance relationships with vendors who work with our facility.
To be a successful medical director, you should be dedicated to promoting the trust and professionalism of our facility within the community. You should have good managerial and organizational skills, as well as excellent medical knowledge and training.
Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and managing physicians, nurses, paramedics, and other medical and non-medical staff.
- Examining and coordinating the facility's activities to guarantee medical quality.
- Assisting with training, continuing education, and promotion of subordinate staff.
- Managing the facility's budget.
- Liaising with medical and non-medical departments and enhancing relationships with vendors.
- Updating, amending, and replacing medical policies with the advice of the medical board.
- Developing cooperation between physicians, paramedics, nurses, and medical departments.
- Evaluating and managing any disfunction of medical units.
- Ensuring staff and facility's compliance with federal and state regulations and codes.
- Keeping your medical knowledge, experience, and licenses up to date.
Medical Director Requirements:
- A Medical degree and board certification in family medicine, emergency care, or occupational health.
- A license and certification to practice medicine.
- Ten or more years' experience in clinical medicine.
- Five or more years' experience in hospital administration.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Good computer and electronic record skills.
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills.