Interview Questions for Medical Secretaries
1. The phone is ringing on multiple lines and a patient has just entered the waiting room. How do you prioritize tasks?
Tests of task management skills.
2. How do you collect patient information? What questions would you ask?
Shows attention to detail.
3. Describe your experience using healthcare software, databases, and terminology.
Tests technical skills.
4. What tasks do you expect to perform on a daily basis?
Reveals job expectations.
5. Describe how you handle angry or emotional patients.
Tests the ability to handle stress.