Mortgage Broker Job Description Template
We are looking for a mortgage broker with strong negotiating skills to determine mortgage clients' needs and assist them in finding mortgage funding. The mortgage broker’s responsibilities include acquiring new clients and potential lenders and reviewing the clients' financial status before applying.
To be successful as a mortgage broker, you should stay up to date with lending options and maintain excellent relationships with lending institutions and real estate agents. Ultimately, a top-notch mortgage broker should provide outstanding customer service while consistently meeting the client’s and lender’s needs.
Mortgage Broker Responsibilities:
- Negotiating with banks and credit lenders to find the best loan solution for the client.
- Marketing of services to lenders and real estate agents.
- Acquiring new clients and assessing their needs according to their financial information.
- Acting as a go-between for lenders and borrowers in need of mortgage loans.
- Assisting clients with pre-approval on loans.
- Analyzing and comparing different home loan options available to the client.
- Developing relationships with real estate companies and lending institutions.
- Ensuring compliance with banking and financial legislation on the state and federal levels.
- Educating clients on their legal and financial options and ensuring that they understand them.
- Helping clients complete and understand all the necessary paperwork.
Mortgage Broker Requirements:
- Bachelor's degrees in finance or a relevant field.
- State-specific real estate broker license as required by federal law.
- Expertise in personal finance and risk assessment.
- Familiarity with banking and financial legislation and regulations.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Keen understanding of mortgage underwriting procedures.
- Be up to date on economic, product, and market trends.
- Outstanding social and communication skills.
- Ability to build trust with clients, lenders, and real estate agents.