Pianist Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled and dependable pianist to join our team. The pianist’s responsibilities include showing up for scheduled bookings, rehearsals, and performances, sight-reading and playing from memory, taking audience requests, and teaching students. You should show up well-rested for sessions and be polite and courteous to colleagues, clients, and audience members.
To be successful as a pianist, you should demonstrate good time management skills, passion, and discipline. Outstanding candidates are humble, respond well to criticism, and are keen to explore new genres.
- Understanding project requirements and showing up on time for scheduled rehearsals, recitals, concerts, private tutoring sessions, and marketing events.
- Practicing required ensembles and pieces on your own, as well as with other musicians.
- Collaborating with artists, songwriters, musicians, actors, and other professionals.
- Ensuring the piano is well-maintained and making arrangements for repairs and tuning.
- Notifying stakeholders in a timely manner if you are ill, running late, or unable to perform or show up for lessons.
- Organizing a suitable substitute under the guidance of the music director.
- Patiently mentoring apprentices and other pianists.
- Attending ongoing training and music development workshops or lectures.
- Reading, writing, and making edits to musical notation when required.
- Degree in music, musical theory, composition or similar may be required.
- Master’s degree may be preferred.
- Ability to sight-read, play from memory, and improvise.
- Ability to play other instruments is advantageous.
- Resilience and excellent endurance.
- Great time management and tutoring skills as well as discipline.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.