Interview Questions for Pipe Layers:
1. What techniques should be used when mapping out pipe trenches?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of industry-approved mapping and trenching techniques.
2. What trenching and construction tools are you familiar with?
Reveals areas of expertise and highlights gaps in knowledge.
3. How would you ensure a section of pipe is aligned before you apply sealant?
Demonstrates attention to detail.
4. What would you do if a section of pipe has split after it has been installed and sealed?
Tests the candidate’s troubleshooting abilities.
5. How would you ensure a section of pipe is connected, fitted, and sealed within the required time-frame?
Demonstrates the candidate’s time and project management skills.