Interview Questions for Police Sergeants:
1. How do you keep track of the daily activities of an entire police department?
Reveals the candidate's supervisory abilities.
2. How would you handle a dispute among police officers?
Demonstrates the candidate's conflict-resolution skills.
3. Why do you want to be a police sergeant?
Reveals the candidate's motivation to assume a position of relative command.
4. How do you stay updated on new laws, regulations, police methods, procedures, and techniques?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge and commitment to staying abreast of relevant changes and developments.
5. What do you think makes you the right person to provide guidance to police officers?
Shows the candidate's ability to lead by example and build relationships of trust.