Restaurant General Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized and goal-oriented restaurant general manager to oversee the running of our restaurant. The restaurant general manager is responsible for finding suitable staff and training them, keeping a record of all income and expenses, and working with kitchen staff to develop a menu.
To be successful as a restaurant general manager you should have excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service. A great restaurant general manager ensures that customers are satisfied while managing back-of-house priorities.
Restaurant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Hire and train staff.
- Create and edit menus.
- Order ingredients and beverages.
- Keep a record of income and expenses.
- Talk to customers to receive feedback on their service.
- Open and close the restaurant daily.
- Motivate staff during busy shifts.
- Ensure that staff members are available for shifts.
Restaurant General Manager Requirements:
- A degree in business management.
- Prior experience in the restaurant industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Excellent customer service skills.