Sports Marketing Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a results-driven sports marketing manager to promote sports events, players and teams through building relationships with popular brands. The sports marketing manager also ensures that adequate advertising is present at sporting events such as banners and sponsor logos on kits and posters.
To be successful as a sports marketing manager you must have excellent knowledge of the sports industry and brands that are interested in building relationships with teams or players. A good sports marketing manager performs thorough research into marketing trends.
Sports Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Advertise upcoming sporting events.
- Secure sponsors for sports teams and specific events.
- Ensure that sponsors' logos are printed on kits, banners, and posters at the event.
- Establish athletes as brand ambassadors for popular, relevant brands.
- Research marketing trends and innovations.
- Use analytics to gauge the success of campaigns.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with brand representatives.
Sports Marketing Manager Requirements:
- A degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Prior experience in marketing or sports management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the sporting industry.
- Ability to use analytics software effectively.