Transcriber Job Description Template
We are searching for a detail-oriented and trustworthy transcriber to join our team. The transcriber’s responsibilities include creating accurate written versions of audio and video recordings, reviewing and editing transcriptions done by speech recognition software, and identifying any inconsistencies. You should have a good typing speed and superb attention to detail and be able to keep all sensitive information confidential.
To be successful as a transcriber, you should be disciplined and have excellent listening skills. Outstanding candidates have superb reading and editing skills as well as the ability to focus for long periods.
- Understanding client specifications and noting any formatting or notation requests prior to completing the transcription.
- Completing transcriptions in a timely manner and reviewing drafts for any spelling, grammar, or formatting errors, as well as other inconsistencies.
- Adhering to all confidential guidelines and respecting sensitive information.
- Showing up on time for scheduled meetings and court proceedings.
- Keeping abreast of transcription software updates and attending refresher workshops as required.
- Communicating with the client or supervisor when there are issues.
- Submitting completed drafts to clients and correcting any errors as per their feedback.
- Keeping typing skills sharp by completing regular typing drills.
- High school diploma.
- Degree, associate’s degree, or additional courses might be required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Express Scribe, and other software.
- A good typing speed and excellent reading skills.
- A high degree of professionalism and a superb work ethic.
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- The ability to focus for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work overtime if required.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transport.